The Louisiana Christian Parenting Conference schedule for this year includes some great speakers! Keep an eye on this page for changes, we are still adding a few details to the conference schedule and workshops.
The Vendor Hall will be OPEN from 9 am to 5 pm on Friday and Saturday.
FRIDAY Conference Schedule
9:00 – 10:30
Keynote Speakers Steve & Annette Economides: 4 Keys to your Family’s Financial Success
It doesn’t take a six-figure income to have a enjoyable life! Steve & Annette will motivate you to action with their four keys to financial success through: The Potential of Planning; The Revelations of Research; The Power of Persistence; and the Authority of Attitude. They teach practical, actionable ideas, with dozens of tips which you can start applying today. You’ll learn how to keep more of what you earn, eliminate debt and invest in your future and those you love.
- Getting Real About the Classical Model – Ellen Davis, Parent Panel
- Wired That Way – Pamela Deese & Latonia Batiste
- The Making of Champions – Sam/Jenny Dickens
- Toddlers in Tow – Amy Thornhill
- Using Competition in Education – Violet Johnson
- Cultivating Creative Arts in Your Children – Debbie Landry
- Breathing L.I.F.E. into Your Home – Jeni Chase
- Has Education Become an Idol? – Clelie Carpenter
11:45 – 1:30 – Lunch
Bethany College Luncheon for High School Juniors, Seniors and their Families
1:30 – 2:45
Keynote Speakers Steve & Annette Economides: Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half
Saving money on groceries is the fastest way for a family to generate excess cash!
Do you need to be an Extreme Couponer, spending hours clipping and filing coupons, to gain maximum savings at the grocery store? “No,” say frugal shoppers and NY Times Best Selling authors Steve & Annette Economides. They’ll share how we feed a family of five for just $350 per month, as well as multiple ways you can save beyond clipping and sorting coupons. Just implementing a few of their many strategies will have a huge impact on your food budget, and could put $4000 back in your pocket each year.
3:15 – 4:15
Workshop: Raising Real Kids for the Real World – Steve & Annette Economides
“Book Smart” kids may do well in school, but who will prepare them for the realities of life. Becoming “Life Smart” is critical for real-world success. Steve & Annette Economides have been teaching life skills to children since 1995 in the areas of personal responsibility; organization; personal appearance; attitude and work ethic. You can create an atmosphere of learning where everyday experiences are the vehicle to develop children into adults who excel in every area of life.
- Helping Our Children to Greatness – Rodney Wood
- Swing Hard, in Case You Hit It!
Sam/Jenny Dickens Room 384
- 5 Flavors of Homeschooling
- Homeschooling: How Do I Get Started?
Tammy Pearson Room 381
- Righting the Ship
Jenny Morse Room 373
- Breathing L.I.F.E. into your Marriage
Jeni Chase Room 372
- Seasons of Life
Karen Tero Room 383
4:15 – 5:00 – Vendor Hall Shopping
SATURDAY Conference Schedule
9:00 – 10:30
Keynote Speakers Steve & Annette Economides: Teaching Kids About Money Isn’t Kids’ Stuff — Raising Confident, Financially Independent Children
The USDA estimates it will cost $261,000 to raise a child through high school. Steve and Annette will show you how to successfully raise your children for a fraction of this cost. Since 1995, they have been teaching their kids to earn, save and spend their own money. They’ll cover the system they’ve developed and how you can customize it to fit your own family’s lifestyle. By training your kids (of any age) to handle money wisely they will be prepared to enter adulthood ready to soar. They’ll also share the 8 bonuses their kids experienced by learning to stand financially independent.
10:45 – 11:45
Workshop: Reflections of a Home School Dad – Speakers Steve Economides
A home school dad can sometimes feel like an outsider – going to work and then coming home to hear about his family’s activities. In this candid session, 25 year home school veterans Steve & Annette Economides share the 5 things Steve did to unintentionally undermine his wife and children and 5 things God taught him to restore and build-up his family. Steve will lead dads to discover how to become an integral part of family life and create a powerful foundation of peace and hope in their homes.
- Biblical Discipline in the Home – Roger/Jan Smith
- Finding Rest in the Classical Model – Jessie Smith
- Reflections of a Homeschool Dad – Steve Economides
- Ways to Prep for ACT and SAT – Julie Meeks
- What’s FRIGHTENING? Homeschooling High School – Debbie Landry
- Identifying Reading Difficulties – Jenny Morse
- Fully Alive – For Women Only – Jeni Chase
- The Foundation of Natural Family Wellness – Regina Tyndall
11:45 – 1:15 – Lunch
1:15 – 2:15
- MVP (Men of Vision & Purpose) – Eric Burgess
- The Mother’s Role in Discipleship – Karen Tero
- Single Income Family? Is It Possible? – Wayne Theall, CPA
- Legislative Issues Affecting Families – Kristie Cross
- Do Not Be Dismayed! You Can Homeschool your Child with Disabilities – Hollie Ward
- Delightful History and Geography – Amy Thornhill
- Finding F.U.N. in Your Family – Jeni Chase
- Raising Leaders in a World of Followers – Lavon and Jessica Welch
2:30 – 4:00
Keynote Speakers Steve & Annette Economides: When is Enough . . . Enough?
Do you feel like your always running, always have an unending to-do list, and never have enough money to go around? Steve and Annette will walk you through evaluating your time, possessions, family relationships and your career to help you arrive at a place of peace. You’ll come away with tons of practical ideas that will give you more time to do the things that matter most!
4:00 – 4:30 – Children’s Program Presentation